Are you Passionate about data journalism? Ready to cover one of the fastest-growing areas of corporate finance?
Buyouts Insider is looking for a full-time research editor to produce editorial content for our research reports, guides, directories and market-leading news services aimed at private-equity and venture capital professionals.
As Research Editor you will be responsible for producing the Pratt's Guide to Private Equity and Venture Capital, PE/VC Compensation Study, PE/VC Partnership Agreements Study, Guide to Emerging Manager Investors and related products. Additionally, you will maintain the research center on our subscription Web site; generate story leads and data runs for fellow reporters; and write bi-weekly, quarterly and annual features for Buyouts and VCJ digital news services.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct industry surveys and research
- Write analyses of survey and research results for reports, guides and directories
- Generate data, statistics, tables and charts for regular features that appear in Buyouts and VCJ digital news services
- Generate a daily tip sheet for reporters
- Support reporters by producing data runs for their feature stories
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to use data to unearth trends
- Ability to write news and analysis for a professional audience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1 - 3 years’ experience* in researching and producing content. *Internships against the minimum years of experience will be considered eligible for consideration
- Understanding of principles and concepts in corporate finance, business statistics and financial accounting.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (primarily Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to create tables and charts to showcase data, infographics a plus.