Content Specialist/Finance Editor
- Full Time
- Mid Level
At the heart of Simplify Compliance is our people. People from many different backgrounds with different vantage points, opinions, and experiences. We strive to continually lead with our IMPACT values and empower our employees to develop their full potential on a team that is passionate about acceptance, inclusivity, and achievement. Our employees are the driving force for the innovation, collaboration and creativity that enables our organization to deliver strategic success.
We are seeking a Content Specialist (editor) to join our HealthLeaders Media team. This can be a remote position. We are looking for an individual with B2B experience, expertise in writing about the healthcare finance space, and an influencer in this field. The individual should excel at social media, have experience producing podcasts and video, and seamlessly navigate content management systems and various platforms for virtual programs. This person should bring a positive attitude, enthusiasm, and ideas to grow the healthcare finance business at HealthLeaders. The Content Specialist is responsible for ensuring that high-quality content is produced in a variety of formats, across multiple products for the healthcare finance audience. The Content Specialist should be comfortable researching, interviewing, and writing about healthcare finance issues. Successful candidates should be comfortable recruiting and interacting with executives in the healthcare finance industry, acting as a subject matter expert at live in-person and virtual events, and collaborating and coordinating with team members across multiple locations.
The Content Specialist is responsible for creating, editing and managing the content. This position works in a team environment and will delve into multiple topic areas and break down complex ideas into simple terms.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write and edit clear, informative, and engaging content in a variety of formats (e.g., news, feature stories, reports, infographics, etc.) to be used in a variety of customer solutions
- Manage products through the editorial and production process, including sourcing material, editing and formatting text, and shepherding content through review, design and final production
- Work with internal content specialists and external freelancers to assign articles, read and respond to customer queries and oversee the work of proofreaders or copy editors
- Upload relevant content to applicable Web properties through the content management system and ensure content displays and functions correctly
- Establish and maintain social media activities as assigned
- Adhere to strict deadlines and budget requirements for all assigned products
- Collaborate with team members and across departments (including marketing, product, production and development) to maintain content standards, implement content strategies, and ensure customer needs and deadlines are met
- Meet frequently with product, production, sales and marketing staff to discuss projects and resolve problems
- Represent products and services in customer and prospect engagements, including onsite at internal conferences and industry events
- Develop market expertise for assigned segments, including audience composition, customer needs and driving forces that affect them (e.g. regulations, best practices)
- Conduct market surveys, focus groups, and routine customer research
- Propose new product ideas in your area(s) of expertise across all product lines, and manage all content-related phases of the new products process, including conducting research, writing proposals, and presenting the finished concept
- Maintain an awareness of and adherence to company guidelines for messaging, tone, style, and editorial process
- Write contracts for external authors, specifying elements of assignments including word count, focus and payment terms
- Ensure customer engagement and satisfaction with content
- Identify areas for new content development to increase value of current customer solutions
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, research and communication skills
- Self-motivated with ability to juggle and meet multiple deadlines
- Demonstrated ability in time management, multitasking, and project management
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Attention to detail, accuracy
- Ability to think logically, classify content, and apply taxonomy
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications or related fields
- 4 to 7 years’ experience in reporting, and writing and editing a daily or weekly publication
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
All external applicants must be legally eligible to immediately work in the country of hire without current or future sponsorship.
If you require an accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act or similar law in order to apply for employment at Simplify Compliance, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team 1.800.727.5257, ext. 8101.
Job applicants may request to review the company's Affirmative Action plans by contacting the talent acquisition team/recruiter, Human Resources department or Chief People Officer.