The Human Resources Coordinator is a champion of employee culture and engagement. The HR Coordinator will support local and remote employees with day-to-day HR needs and serve to execute activities to support the completion of strategic projects. Under the direction of HR leadership, the HR Coordinator will support talent acquisition through identifying and placing highly qualified talent and supporting functional HR process such as performance management, career and succession, compensation, communications, training, HR systems, etc. The HR Coordinator will partner with local and corporate leadership to ensure a highly productive culture-centric work environment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Coordinates HR-related communications (newsletters, intranet, company events, etc.)
2. May counsel employees and managers/supervisors on policy or performance issues.
3. Responsible for job postings (internal and external), reviewing resumes and forwarding to the appropriate hiring manager.
4. Performs pre‑screening interviews and pre‑employment applicant testing ensuring the completion of all pre-employment requirements prior to start.
5. Conducts or coordinates enrollment meetings for newly eligible employees.
6. Assists with various training and orientation programs.
7. Assists managers and supervisors on performance and discipline issues. Ensures documentation is complete.
8. Conduct investigations involving harassment and discipline procedures.
9. Performs data entry of personnel information into HRIS system. Maintains personnel files.
10. Assist with the management and administration of leave programs, unemployment claims, workers compensation, etc.
· Assist in the management of local facilities and perform administrative support.
· Additional duties as assigned.
· Friendly, warm and welcoming nature.
· Highly-motivated, self-reliant, inquisitive and naturally curious persona.
· Ability to converse with all levels of employees, from entry-level position to senior-leadership.
· Ability to manage multiple initiatives
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to seek out and source answers, confidence to professionally make recommendations or challenge the status quo and manage multiple tactical and strategic deliverables simultaneously through to completion.
· Working knowledge of federal and state employment laws.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Management or a similar degree.
· A minimum of 2 years in the HR field, preferably with a focus in the talent acquisition and employee relations function.